Wasatch Title 1 Schools
- Heber Valley Elementary
- Midway Elementary
- J.R. Smith Elementary
About Title 1
Title I is a federal education program under the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001.
Title I includes four major parts:
- Part A: Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged
- Part B: Even Start Family Literacy
- Part C: Migrant Education
- Part D: Services for Neglected or Delinquent Children & Youth
Title I, Part A provides Utah with more than $50 million in federal funds each year to help higher poverty schools provide supplemental educational services to meet the needs of educationally disadvantaged students.
Goals of Title 1
- Help students to achieve academic success in Reading/Language Arts and Mathematics;
- Increase student performance in high poverty schools through school-wide reform;
Build teacher capacity through quality professional development; and
- Enhance parents’ abilities to help their children succeed through quality parental involvement activities.
Right to Request Information
As a parent of a child at a Title I school, you have the right to request and receive information on the qualifications of your children’s classroom teacher and teachers’ assistants who may work with your student. You may request information on:
Whether your child’s teacher has met Utah qualifying and licensing requirements for the grade level and subject areas, in which the teacher is teaching.
Whether your child’s teacher is teaching under an emergency or provisional status through which qualification or licensing requirements have been waived;
The bachelor’s degree major of your child’s teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, including the area of the certification or degree; and
whether your child is provided services by teachers’ assistants and, if so, their qualifications.
In order to request this information, please contact Vicci Gappmayer at (435) 654-0280.