Working Together for School Improvemement
The purposes of school community councils are:
- To build consistent and effective communication among parents, employees and administrators
- To allow parents an opportunity to be actively involved with the school in the education of their children
- To make good schools great
- Review school CRT data
- Councils review group results but individual data is not shared.
- Other assessments may also be reviewed.
- Develop a School Improvement Plan
- Develop a SchoolLANDTrust Plan
- Participate in the development of the Professional Development Plan
- Develop a Child Access Routing Plan
- Advise the school administration on local school issues
- Provide an opportunity for issues of concern in the community to be presented to the school administration
Dates will be posted here for the 2022-2023 year when they are finalized
The Community Advisory Council is a panel of parents, teachers and administrators whose function is to suggest ways to help improve students’ academic performance through using our school land trust money. TMS receives an annual dividend from the school trust lands and our council decides how these funds will be used. Parents are elected by parents of students attending the school and elections are usually held in the spring or in August before school starts. Membership terms are usually for 2 years. Parent members must have a student attending the school at least one of the two years of their term of service.
If you would like to be considered for this council, please contact Timpanogos Middle School at 435-654-0550. Also, if you would like to attend any meetings, we welcome you. Please see our meeting schedule on this website for dates and times.