Steps to Obtaining a Driver's License
- OBTAIN A LEARNER’S PERMIT
- Pass the 50 question learner’s permit test. This can be done in my classroom (west campus room 24) after school on Mondays (consultation time) or by making an appoitment at the DLD throgh their web page https://dld.utah.gov/offices/heber/)
- Heber City DLD Located @ 69 N. 600 W. Hours: M-F 8:00 – 5:00 Phone: 801-965-4437
- Must be 15 years old
- Documentation you will need at the DLD: test completion certificate, birth certificate, social security card, two forms of proof of address
- Cost $19
- Must have permit for minimum of 6 months
- Permit valid for 18 months
- CLASSROOM OR ONLINE COURSE COMPLETION
- Classroom: Mr. Kelley, 27 hours of seat time, passing grade both terms
- Online: Mr. Theron Gustafson complete all modules, passing grade. To sign up for online email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ROAD INSTRUCTION & TEST
- After 30 hrs. of road practice are complete to to myschoolfees.com and pay the $120 driving fee. Email email@example.com the receipt. Student will then be assigned to an instructor
- Instructors: Mr. Kelley, Coach Coburn, Coach Akana, and Mr. Gustafson
- School months (6AM) or after school (3PM). Summer months – all times
- 6 hours with instructor
- Pass road exam
- ONLINE SAFETY EXAM
- Pass the online safety test with 100%
- DLD TO GET LICENSE
- Schedule an appointment with the DLD https://dld.utah.gov/offices/heber/ . Provide the DLD with the following documentation: learner permit, birth certificate, social security card, two forms of proof of address
- Fill out application /eye exam
- Pay $39
Online Safety Exam
Go to the following web site to take the “Traffic Safety and Trends Exam”
You must pass this exam with 100% before you go to the DLD to get your license
WASATCH HIGH SCHOOL DRIVERS EDUCATION FAQs
Q: I’m an online (or home school) drivers ed student, how do I sign up to drive/take the road test with an instructor?
A: Go to myschoolfees.com. Pay the $120 driving fee and email the receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then receive an email with the assigned driving instructor cc’d. The instructor will then contact you about driving schedule.
Q: How do I sign up for online drivers ed?
A: Email email@example.com for the application and instructions
Q: Do I have to finish driving/road test before the end of the class/semester?
A: No. Students have until the end of the summer after they have graduated to complete the driving/road test.
Q: Where do I go to take the “Online Safety and Trends Exam”?
Q: My permit is about to expire. Where do I go to renew it?
A: The Heber City DLD located at 69 N 600 W
Q: I need to take the permit test to get my learners permit. Where can I take it?
A: During school months: after school on Mondays in Mr. Kelley’s room
During summer months: at the DLD
Q: What can I study for the permit test?
A: You can get a handbook online found at https://dld.utah.gov/wp- content/uploads/sites/17/2020/03/Final-Driver-Handbook-2020-V.1.pdf
Also, there are many apps and online practice exams. Search for “Utah driving permit test”
Q: When can I take drivers ed?
A: Ask your guidance counselor, he/she knows the cutoff dates for which semester
More information can be found at Mr.Kelley’s web page at : https://www.wasatch.edu/domain/603
SUMMER CORRESPONDENCE WITH MR. KELLEY WILL BE LIMITED!
Driving Skills to Work On
SKILLS & MANEUVERS TO WORK ON WITH YOUR STUDENT DRIVER
- Parallel Parking
- Hill Parking (up/down)
- 3-Point Turn
- Left Turns
- Right Turns
- Lane Changes
- Intersections (lights/signs)
- On/Off Ramps
- School Zones
- Construction Zones
- Railroad Crossings
- Following Distance