Table of Contents
Hello! I was born and raised here in Heber and I am a proud product of J.R. Smith Elementary! Before coming to J.R., I worked as a high school health/PE teacher and coach for 3 years and then worked as a counselor for 9 years at Independence High School in Provo. In my free time I enjoy being outdoors, gardening, reading, sports and hanging out with my family. I am really enjoying meeting you and your kids and working with the great staff here at J.R. Smith!
Resources for Parents
School Counseling Permission Forms
- Wasatch General Resource List
- Wasatch County Resources COVID-19
- COVID-19 resources for immigrant families
- Community Counseling Resources
Weekend Food Snacks Program
If you would like your kids to participate in this free program, please contact Kristi Davis at email@example.com or 435-654-2201.
Counseling Help by Topic
- 37 techniques to calm an anxious child
- Anxiety in kids: how to turn it around and protect them for life
- 11 maneras de ayudar a la ansiedad por separacion
- 11 ways to conquer separation anxiety
- The do’s and don’ts of dropping off your kid
- Eight strategies for helping kids adjust to a divorce
- Making divorce less traumatic for kids
- Haciendo el divorico menos traumatico para los ninos
Child Abuse Prevention Program
According to Utah State Law, every year students in elementary school will receive instruction in Child Abuse Prevention. Wasatch School District has partnered with Prevent Child Abuse Utah and Peace House to provide instruction. Parents will be notified of the specific days and times.
Peace House: http://www.peacehouse.org/